MentorME: PROMOTING THE SOCIAL INTEGRATION OF PEOPLE WITH LESS OPPORTUNITIES THROUGH THE DEVELOPMENT OF A MENTORING PROGRAM FOR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
The MentorME project was created to make universities not only a place for gaining knowledge, but also for acquiring skills needed in the future professional life of university graduates.
There are many key competences related to lifelong learning that people need to achieve employment, self-fulfillment, social inclusion and active citizenship in today’s rapidly changing world. The acquisition of such skills goes beyond the formal conditions of education. The way of teaching and learning has evolved rapidly over the past two decades, with a focus on the use of technology or non-formal and informal learning. The opportunities for acquiring competences have increased and, in order to make better use of these new opportunities, cooperation between formal and non-formal learning environments is essential. At the same time, it is important to provide coverage, attractive and motivating adult learning opportunities that address the needs of adult groups with fewer opportunities (e.g. lack of access to lifelong learning opportunities for people with fewer opportunities, people who are disadvantaged or mentally and physically disabled, people from a migrant background).
- Improving transversal skills and competences;
- Civic involvement of students through effective counseling and motivational practices;
- Development of tools to promote the policy of civic involvement in the university ecosystem;
- Raising cultural awareness and promoting the acceptance of diversity among university students;
- Raising awareness of basic concepts relating to individuals, specific groups, inequality, cultural and economic diversity, discrimination, society and culture.
- IO1- MENTORme manual: mapping the current situation at the national and EU level and the conceptual methodology of the program
- IO2- educational and accreditation mentoring package: civic engagement module for researchers and university students
- IO3- MENTORme internet platform and mobile application
- IO4- local community guide MENTORme: introducing a mentoring program to the local community
- · Academic staff of universities
- People with fewer professional opportunities
- SOCIAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (Poland) – coordinator
- UCLAN CYPRUS LIMITED (Cyprus)
- ACTIVE CITIZENS OF MEDITERRANEAN (Greece)
- UNIVERSIDAD DE VALLADOLID (Spain)
- AKKREDITIERUNGS, CERTIFIZIERUNGS – UNDQUALITATS- SICHERUNGS- INSTITUT (AQUIN) EV (Germany)
- A & A Emphasys Interactive Solutions Ltd (Cyprus)
- Inspiration and Development Zone (Poland)
December 1, 2020 – March 31, 2023